How we help referring veterinarians:
We consider our facility to be an extension of your practice. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- All pets are seen for their referred problem only. Wellness veterinary care is not performed.
- Please be sure to forward pertinent medical records for the doctor to review (i.e., blood work, urinalysis, imaging, and current medications). Medical records are most easily submitted through the IndyVet Connect app (see link below), but may also be faxed to 317-786-4484.
- Upon arrival, the doctor will review your records, take a complete history, and perform a detailed examination. These steps become the basis for the referred patient’s ongoing collaborative care at IndyVet.
- Our dedicated staff of doctors and nurses will be working around the clock monitoring, treating, and caring for your patients.
- Communication at our hospital is ongoing, with daily updates to the pet owner and available to you.
- Upon discharge, a detailed synopsis of every case is provided to you to ensure continuity of care after patient discharge.
- IndyVet is an AAHA accredited 24-hour emergency and referral hospital, ensuring the highest standards are met in veterinary care for your patients.
Specialty examinations are scheduled by appointment. However, if you need to refer a client the same day or after hours, our facility can accommodate you. If a specialist is not immediately available, the emergency doctor on duty will examine your pet and immediately contact the specialist for a consultation regarding the pet’s condition and initial treatment. The patient will be transferred into the care of the specialist as soon as practical.
Estimates and Fees
Upon examination, all clients are given an itemized care plan estimating the cost for the initial 24 to 48 hours of care. A deposit will be necessary upon admission. Clients are kept apprised of their fees by a doctor or a technician. Balances are due upon discharge unless prior arrangements have been made.
Payments can be made by cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express, or CareCredit.
Our Areas of Expertise
- Angular Deformities
- Bone Grafting
- Fracture Repair
- Maxillofacial Reconstruction
- Femoral Head & Neck Ostectomy
- Tendon Repair
- Cruciate Ligament Repair
- Patellar Luxation
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- PennHip Certification
- Skin Grafting
- Vascular Surgery
- Blood Pressure
- Digital Radiology
- Burr keratectomy for indolent corneal ulcers
- Cataract surgery with prosthetic lens replacement
- Eyelid surgeries to correct abnormal position of eyelids (entropion and ectropion)
- Cryotherapy for distichiasis (abnormal eyelid hairs) and eyelid tumors
- Treatment of ectopic cilia using electrocautery and cryotherapy
- Diode laser treatment of epibulbar melanomas
- Prophylactic and therapeutic diode laser retinopexy
- Transscleral cyclophotocoagulation for glaucoma
- Enucleation (eye removal) for intraocular tumors, end stage glaucoma and globe rupture
- Evisceration and prosthesis for end stage glaucoma
- Corneal surgeries for deep corneal ulcers, sequestrums, or non-healing ulcers
- Cerebral Spinal Fluid Evaluation
- Nerve Conduction Evaluation
- Rehabilitation and Acupuncture
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Blood Gases
- Cell Counts
- Blood Chemistry
- Infectious Disease Testing
- Non-invasive and invasive blood pressure
- Temperature and respiration
- Arterial blood gases
- Fluid and electrolytes
- Neuro-muscular blockade monitoring