Come Join Something Better! Become a Veterinary Extern at IndyVet!
What does a Veterinary Externship look like?
Once scheduled, student externs will receive an orientation packet including mentorship, expectations, and schedule. Externs are expected to attend daily case rounds, as well as any grand rounds, journal club, and lectures that occur during their time with us. Any extern that is scheduled for 4 or more weeks is also required to give a case presentation for IndyVet staff. This usually occurs as a lunch presentation.
On-site housing is available, if needed. Accommodations are provided at no charge to our externs. IndyVet does not require or provide professional liability insurance, health insurance, or worker’s compensation insurance for externs. If an extern’s university mandates that insurance coverage be obtained, it is the responsibility of the extern to arrange such coverage.
Ideal Veterinary Externship Candidates are:
- Third or fourth year veterinary students in good academic standing at an AVMA accredited school of Veterinary Medicine
- Looking for experience in an emergency and specialty practice
- Hard-working, motivated, friendly, and team oriented
- If you are considering an internship following graduation – particularly IndyVet’s Internship program – this would be a great learning opportunity
- Full Externship details are here. Please read before applying!