DVM, DACVIM-SAIM, RSO
Dr. Tracey Gillespie joined IndyVet in the summer of 2011 and became the medical director at IndyVet in 2017.
Dr. Gillespie completed her veterinary degree at Purdue University in 1997. After a private practice internship and a year of emergency medicine in New Jersey, she completed her residency in internal medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in 2001 and became board certified in 2003. She joined a surgical referral hospital and built an internal medicine practice in Memphis, TN where she practiced for 7 years, receiving the Memphis – Shelby county, Veterinarian of the Year award from her referring colleagues in 2007. In 2008, she joined IDEXX labs as a consultant for the reference laboratory.
Dr. Gillespie, leads the internal medicine service and strives to provide exceptional compassionate care to critical patients. She diagnoses, manages, and treats a wide range of endocrine, metabolic, cardiac, renal, neurologic, hepatobiliary, autoimmune and GI diseases. Her extensive experience in abdominal, thoracic, and cardiac ultrasonography allows her to provide comprehensive patient care and diagnosis. Our internist along with a team of dedicated and specialized nurses provide around the clock care for the sickest patients in our hospital.
- Purdue University, DVM – 1997
- Garden State Veterinary Specialists – 1998
Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Pennsylvania – 2001
Specialty Board Certification
- ACVIM American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine – Small Animal – 2003
- RSO – Certified Radiation Safety Officer – 2018
- AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association
- IVMA – Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- CIVMA – Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (Past President)
- AHS – American Heartworm Society
- AAHA – American Animal Hospital Association