James R. Speiser
DVM, DABVP, CCRT, RSO
Dr. Speiser received his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Illinois in 1977.
Following graduation, he participated in a 14 month internship at South Shore Veterinary Associates in Boston prior to opening a general veterinary practice in Fishers in 1979.
Dr. Speiser continued to study and grow in the veterinary field by taking and passing the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners certifying examination in 1983 designating him as a specialist in Canine & Feline Practice, and recertifying in 1992, 2002 and 2012.
In 2007 he became certified by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission in I-131 radiation therapy for hyperthyroid cats. He received his certification in Rehabilitation Therapy in 2009. Dr. Speiser is knowledgeable in orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery, as well as being competent in ultrasound, endoscopy and CAT Scan diagnostics.
He opened Indianapolis Veterinary Referral in 1989 and Indianapolis Veterinary Emergency Center in 1994, offering emergency and critical care in addition to specialized referral care to central Indiana. In 2013 Dr. Speiser merged Indianapolis Veterinary Referral and Indianapolis Veterinary Emergency Center into a unified 24-hour emergency & specialty hospital – IndyVet.
- University Of Illinois, DVM – 1977
- South Shore Veterinary Associates – 1978
Specialty Board Certification
- Diplomate, ABVP (Canine and Feline Practice)
- Recertified in 1992, 2002, 2012
- CCRT – Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist – 2009
- RSO – Certified Radiation Safety Officer – 2007
- AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association
- IVMA – Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- CIVMA – Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (Life Member)
- VECCS – Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- AAHA – American Animal Hospital Association