VMD, DACVS-SA, CCRP
Dr. Rebecca Spivack grew up in Virginia just outside of Washington D.C., where she discovered herself to be an animal advocate at an early age. Her mother, an avid wildlife rehabilitator, inspired her fascination with many different species of animals. After moving away to college, she felt a void without all the animals in her environment she had experienced as a youngster. Consequently, she began to consider a career in veterinary medicine to continue the work she experienced growing up. As she continued her studies, Dr. Spivack found that she particularly enjoyed the creative challenge of surgery, where she could use a hands-on approach to improve the quality of life of sick and injured pets.
Dr. Spivack graduated from the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Veterinary Medicine in 2006. Following graduation, she completed a rotating internship at Animal Medical Center in New York City in 2007 and a surgical specialty internship in 2008. She completed a three-year residency at VCA Veterinary Specialty Center of Indiana in 2011 and became a Diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Surgeons in 2014. Dr. Spivack is also a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP). Dr. Spivack enjoys all types of surgery, but her special interests include surgical oncology and skin reconstruction techniques.
Dr. Spivack likes to spend her time off enjoying the outdoors with her husband, Andrew, and little girl, Hannah. Her four-legged family includes a foxhound named Edie and a tortoise shell cat named Madeline.
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Veterinary Medicine, VMD – 2006
- Animal Medical Center – 2007
- Animal Medical Center (Surgical Specialty) – 2008
- VCA Veterinary Specialty Center of Indiana – 2011
Specialty Board Certification
- Diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Surgeons – 2014
- CCRP – Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner
- AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association
- IVMA – Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- CIVMA – Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- AAHA – American Animal Hospital Association