Dr. Robinette was born in Indiana, and he was raised riding horses and training and showing his golden retriever, Hollie. This human-animal bond is what fueled his love for animals and desire to become a veterinarian.
After completing a bachelor’s degree in Animal Science at Purdue University, he went to veterinary school at Purdue. During those four years, he was able to travel abroad studying veterinary medicine, infectious diseases, and public health in Germany. Throughout his veterinary school career, he also completed a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Minnesota.
After graduation, he completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center in Connecticut. Over the next few years, he was practicing emergency medicine around New York City and in Connecticut. He decided to move back to Indiana to be closer to his family and joined the IndyVet family.
Although he loves all aspects of emergency medicine and general practice, he has a special interest in trauma/wound management, surgery, veterinary public health, as well as client education and communications. He loves traveling and the outdoors, particularly camping, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, and hiking – along with spending time with his family and friends.
- B.S., Animal Science, Purdue University College of Agriculture
- M.S., Public Health, University of Minnesota
- DVM, Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
- VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center
- VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center
- AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association
- VECCS – Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society