Nicolás Vecchio, DVM, DACVS, CCRT
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Dr. Vecchio has been a tremendous addition to the staff at Indyvet since joining the staff in 2011. An Argentina native, Dr. Vecchio is a 2002 graduate of the National University of La Plata, in Buenos Aires. While in Argentina,
Dr. Vecchio worked at the veterinary school teaching surgery for 4 years and also worked in private practice.
Dr. Vecchio completed a fellowship in anesthesia and another in endoscopy at two different human hospitals. After relocating to the United States, Dr. Vecchio practiced in Memphis, Tennessee both in general and specialty practice. He moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to complete a rotating internship in companion animal medicine and surgery in 2007. He then moved back to Memphis to complete a 1-year surgical internship and a 3-year small animal surgical residency at MedVet Memphis.
Dr. Vecchio has a prolific interdisciplinary research record with multiple publications. His research interests include cardiovascular surgery, thoracic organ transplantation, and orthopedic surgery. He also has extensive experience and expertise in wound healing and reconstructive surgery.
- National University of La Plata, DVM – 2002
- Louisiana State University
(Rotating Internship) – 2007
- MedVet Memphis
(Surgical Internship) – 2008
Specialty Board Certification
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons – 2013
- CCRT – Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist – 2015
- The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- The Society for Veterinary Soft Tissue Surgery
- The Veterinary Wound Management Society
- AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association
- IVMA – Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- CIVMA – Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Vecchio NE; Vecchio LE; Tobias TA; Singh A, Influence of locking plates in tibial plateau angle changes after TPLO in dogs with cranial cruciate ligament rupture. Veterinary Orthopedic Society, February 20th – 27th 2010, Breckenridge, Colorado, USA
- Vecchio NE, Hosgood G, Vecchio LE, Tobias TA: Orthogonal evaluation of changes in tibial plateau angle after tibial plateau leveling osteotomy in the cranial cruciate deficient stifle of dogs. A ten year review. World Veterinary Orthopaedic Congress, September 15th-18th 2010, Bologna, Italy
- Vecchio NE, Vecchio LE: Queratopatia ampollar aguda en un gato de Bengala. VII Congreso de AVEACA. September 23 – 24th, 2007 – Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Y.S. Li, Nicolas Vecchio: Raman Spectroscopic Studies of Thiol Additions. 20th International Conference on Raman Spectroscopy. August 20-25, 2006 – Yokohama, Japan
- Y.S. Li, Nicolas Vecchio, Yu Wang: Vibrational Spectra of Metals Treated with Allyltrimethoxysilane sol-gel and Self-Assembled Monolayer of Allyltrichlorosilane. Abstracts, the 57th Southeast/61st Southwest Regional Meeting. November 1-4, 2005. Memphis, TN, USA
- Y.S. Li, Paul Wright, Nicolas Vecchio, Tuan Tran: Organosilica Coating for Metal Anticorrosion. Abstracts, the 57th Southeast/61st Southwest Regional Meeting. November 1-4, 2005. Memphis, TN, USA
- Y.S. Li, Tuan Tran, Yue Xu, Nicolas Vecchio: Spectroscopic Studies of Trimethoxypropylsilane and Bis (trimethoxysilyl) ethane sol-gel Coatings on Metals. General Papers. Abstracts, the 57th Southeast/61st Southwest Regional Meeting. November 1-4, 2005. Memphis, TN, USA
Research and Publications
- Vecchio NE, Hosgood G, Vecchio LE, Tobias TA: Orthogonal evaluation of changes in tibial plateau angles after tibial plateau leveling osteotomy in the cranial cruciate deficient stifle of dogs. N Z Vet J. 2012 Jan;60(1):9-13. doi: 10.1080/00480169.2011.627832.
- Vecchio NE: Acute Bullous Keratopathy in Cats. Review Article. Analecta Veterinaria, 2009, 29, p 5-8
- Vecchio NE, Tobias T: Multifocal Anaplastic Astrocytoma in the Lumbar-Sacral Spinal Cord of a 7 Year-old Blood Hound. Case Report. Analecta Veterinaria, 2008, 28, p 5-8
- Vecchio NE: The most unusual case. 12-foot linear gastric foreign body in a French Bulldog. Veterinary Forum. August 2007. pp 80.
- Li YS, Vecchio NE: Studies of thiol additions of silane coupling agents by vibrational spectroscopy. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2006 Oct 14. doi:10.1016/j.saa.2006.09.043
- Li YS, Vecchio NE, Wang Y, McNutt C: Vibrational spectra of metals treated with allyltrimethoxysilane sol-gel and self-assembled monolayer of allytrichlorosilane, Spectrochimica Acta Part A:Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy (2006), doi:10.1016/j.saa.2006.07.043
- Li YS, Tran T, Xu Y, Vecchio NE: Spectroscopic studies of trimethoxypropylsilane and bis (trimethoxysilyl) ethane sol-gel coatings on aluminum and copper. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 65 (2006) 779-786
- Li YS, Vecchio NE, Lu W: Infrared and Raman spectra of (3,3,3-trifluoropropyl)trimethoxysilane, its sol and xerogel. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Mar 15;105:213-7. doi: 10.1016/j.saa.2012.12.022. Epub 2012 Dec 19.